We are committed to truth and accuracy in doctrine, but also understand that one can hold right doctrines and still do damage to the body of Christ by causing divisions over the non-essentials. We are therefore just as committed to the essential Christian character, believing that "In all things there must be charity." As the apostle stated, "The goal of our instruction is love, from a pure heart and a sincere faith" ( 1 Timothy 1:5 ). That, too, is our goal and commitment as we promote the following teachings that we hold as truth:
What we Believe:
- There is one God who lives forever in three persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is God's Word to the world, speaking to us with authority and without error.
- In the divinity of God's Son Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for us on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, and His personal, physical return to rule the earth in power and love.
- That all mankind is born into and lost in sin and needs to turn from it and trust personally in Jesus Christ; all need to be born anew, by the Holy Spirit's power, into God's family.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for Godly living and service. The fruit of a spirit-filled life brings love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control into our lives.
- That the "baptism of the Holy Spirit" is an additional impartation which may be subsequent to regeneration. (see Acts 8:15-17 & 19: 1-6). This baptism is usually accompanied by the gifts of the spirit, such as speaking in tongues, prophecy, visions etc. We believe that this gift is presently available to all who believe (Acts 2: 38-39), but is not essential for salvation or regeneration. The purpose of this baptism in the Holy Spirit is to impart spiritual power to the believer to be a witness (Acts 1:8, 5:32). This should also be distinguished from being filled with the spirit (Acts 4:31, 7:55, 13:9, 52), which can be a special and repeated empowering.
- We believe in the resurrection of every person; to eternal life for the believer and eternal judgement for the lost.
- We believe that those who are alive and remain at the return of our Lord will be changed and caught up to be with Him in the air. Those who have died in the faith will be resurrected, and precede those who are alive, in being changed and caught up to be with Him.
- We believe in expressing spiritual truths through the use of physical symbols:
- Communion - the Lord's supper speaks of our sacred union with God through Christ
- Baptism - Water Baptism by immersion testifies to a heart cleansing by God's grace and public witness of that inner work.
- In unity for all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and seek community together: to become more like Him in every way, who is the head of His body, the church. We are called to love Him and one another and are enabled to do this only as His life flows in and through us.